The district of Kempten which we are located in is called “Lenzfried” . It was first mentioned in 1330. From 1461 there was the Franciscan monastery of St. Bernhardin, which was later taken over by the Franciscans of the Kempten St. Anna monastery (starting from 1548). The former monastery church is located directly opposite of the hotel and today it is the parish church of St. Magnus.
The main building of the Landhotel Hirsch is a house with a long tradition and it is one of the oldest buildings of Lenzfried. Its history dates back to the Middle Ages.
It was mentioned for the first time as a so-called “Meierhof” in 1394. In 1559 it was sold by the owner, Hans Wilhelm von Laubenberg to Wagegg to the Kempten Abbey.